Investing in the Future Before the Present Runs Out
Whereas managers focus on creating a stable, productive work environment that delivers consistent results, leadership, for the most part, is about creating constructive change for positive results when the rules have changed. Leading change is a very challenging task, a task that more often ends in failure than success.
In this full-day workshop participants will experience presentation, discussion, case studies, videos, and exercises that will help them better understand the nature of organizational and personal change as well as the underlying reasons that make change so difficult. They will wrestle with the leadership principles that foster openness to change as well as the barriers that hinder it.
In this workshop participants will:
- Develop an understanding of what is driving the velocity and scope of change in today’s world
- Identify the underlying reasons change is so challenging for both individuals and organizations
- Discover the pitfalls that spell the demise of so many sincere efforts on the part of leaders to bring about change
- Develop an understanding of the principles and processes that leaders must apply if they are to be successful in leading constructive change
- Learn powerful models and memorable metaphors that will help them apply these principles effectively years later.