Becoming a Mission-Directed Team
The single most important ingredient in team success is a clear, common, compelling task. A team is defined by its task or purpose. The purpose of every team is to accomplish an objective and to do so at exceptional levels of performance. It is a clear task that gives birth to a team in the first place.
Regardless of whether the life of the team is temporary or ongoing, its purpose is the motivation for its existence. Ultimately team effectiveness must be judged by the results. All the team experiences in the world pale in comparison to a clear and challenging team task or goal.
Who should attend this workshop:
- New teams creating their first mission statement
- Established teams wrestling with team member alignment with their current mission
- Teams with missions mandated from above who need to understand, adapt, and align with committed energy
In this workshop, participants will:
- Discover the design criteria of a powerful team mission
- Design a powerful team purpose using these criteria
- Learn the principles and power of mission alignment and the importance of achieving such alignment one team member at a time
- Evaluate the ability of this purpose to engender team member alignment and, as needed, infuse it with added power needed to achieve high levels of commitment to its success